- Every sip releases its characteristic taste in your mouth. It lives its own life, the way it wants to, and stays true to itself. In appearance, Primus is a clear, light-blond in colour with a fine head. For bouquet, it has delicate hoppy aromas and for flavour, it is initially slightly sweet with a touch of bitterness. Then comes the dry and thirst- slaking aftertaste. Just goes down well with all our dishes and that for a mere 500 yen!
- Pours a golden color with an easy 3-finger height head that is super dense, with tight bubbles. As the head collapses, it leaves behind extremely dense Brussels lacing in the glass. The bouquet is very citrusy and crisp-lemons with a nice floral hop aroma. The initial taste is very tart, very lemony, acidic, very refreshing. A 2014 Gold Prize winner at the World Beer Awards.
- A brown beer with a sweet aroma that has a full flavour and a lightly roasted aftertaste making it an authentic abbey ale. The age-old tradition of the White Canons of Tongerlo lives on in this officially recognised Belgian abbey ale. Re-fermentation in the bottle gives the beer a more intense taste and aroma as well as a longer shelf life. You can trace some subtle taste buds of this beer in our Flemish Carbonades.
- A copper coloured beer with the aroma of honey. It has a full and smooth flavour and a soft, flowing aftertaste. The age-old tradition of the White Canons of Tongerlo lives on in this officially recognised Belgian abbey ale. Re-fermentation in the bottle gives the beer a more intense taste and aroma as well as a longer shelf life. Another 2014 Gold Prize winner at the World Beer Awards, served at POMMEKE.
POMMEKE GAIENMAE SHOP
Halekulani Kitaaoyama 1F 2-12-27 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061
- Monday to Friday: PM 16:00~PM 23:00 (Last order call: 22:30)
- Saturday, Sunday and Holiday: AM 12:00~PM 23:00 (Last order call: 22:30)
- 3 min from Gaienmae Station Exit 3,
Ginza Subway Line
- 8 min from Omotesando Station Exit A3,
Tokyo Metro, Ginza, Hanzomon and Chiyoda Subway Line
- 10 min from Aoyama Itchome Station Exit 1,
Tokyo Metro, Ginza, Hanzomon and Oedo Subway Line
- 15 min from JR Sendagaya Station,
JR Sobu line
POMMEKE SEIBU IKEBUKURO SHOP
Roof Terrace 9F, 1-28-1 Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
seven days a week: AM 10:00~PM 22:00 (Last Order call: 21:30)
Right on top of Ikebukuro Station
Fast forward to August 2013, when Bart felt a strong urge to re-visit his second hometown Tokyo again, after a blank of a decade, Bart and Rob sat down together for the usual casual cup of coffee in Ikebukuro. Almost 3 hours later, 95% of the conversations held were about… yes indeed, real Belgian fries in Tokyo.
All food at POMMEKE is prepared by our chef Bart, well-known for his passion for slow and honest food.